Disclaimer: These are things I really like. I think they are a better alternative to what they would replace. I do not have science to back this up, just lots of stuff I’ve read and, in some cases, rubbed between my fingers.
We should live...
- On radiant heated floors – If you struggle with allergies, like Cat Girl, radiant heat is a super preventative way to avoid airborne allergens. It also doesn’t dry out the air like forced air systems do. Hurrah! Did we mention no more cold-floor-on-feet?
- As minimalists – Less consumption, less distraction, more time for what matters.
- Debt-free – Having control over your money instead of pre-promising it to people who are not your friends is way more fun. Trust me.
- On solar power – No pollution-producing power FTW. Also, less noise pollution. Boom.
- Clothed in bamboo – It’s super soft, it doesn’t require loads of pesticides, it requires less water than cotton, and is naturally antimicrobial, meaning you can wash it less and it will not stink. Did I mention it’s super soft?
- Eating organic food – Sure, lots of people disagree with me on this one. So maybe we should say some kinds of organic food. But I certainly prefer the idea of not eating loads of chemicals in my veg. Maybe it’s just me.
- With Kindness – The world lives by a “you show me yours and I’ll show you mine” philosophy on kindness. Be the first one to smile.
- Generously – If you have surplus and see someone in need, pay it forward.
- Small, Slowly, Mindfully –Different words for the same concept. When you don’t take things for granted, they always seem better.